Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My husband and i have both agreed that there will be no need

Customer Question
for child support. How do...
My husband and i have both agreed that there will be no need for child support. How do we proceed with the application
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: PA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no we are using complete case .com
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes we have a home can we do the property settlement after the divorce papers are entered
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/13/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Parents can agree under state law to waive child support payments. In order to do so, you would enter $0 in the place for child support and would need to provide documentation to the court that both parents make sufficient income to provide support and care for the children or that there will be shared custody, with both parents paying when the children are in their care. You would need to include proof in the financial documents submitted in the case to the court that no support will be required and also will need something in the agreement as to how you will divide expenses for the children or that the custodial parent has sufficient income to make support unnecessary.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer