How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28366
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Currently I have a temp joint custody Agreement wth my

Customer Question

Currently I have a temp joint custody Agreement wth my daughter father and the judge grant me dominate parent . He then filled for joint and him as dominate parent . He has been in and out her life mostly weeks at a time and i have always taken care of her health needs and everything for her . I recently put him on child support and that's where all the drama of him wanting to take her away cause he feel since he makes more money then me the judge will rule to him as a more nurturing environment. I'm worried on how to prove I am te better dominate parent when I have always made a effort for him to see her even when he didn't want to . What can I do??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Good evening. A Judge is always going to act in the best interest of the child. If the father is now seeking custody, after you filed for child support, it is likely because he hopes if it is granted or shared, he will not have to pay it. In order to obtain custody, you want to show what you can provide for the child, what you have provided, how you always have cared for the child and anything else about the school, family, friend and home environment, which you provide. If you have family or friends with first hand knowledge of this, they can testify on your behalf as well and the goal is to also show that the father has not been around and has been in and out of her life, without any consistency.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 month ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!