Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I'm trying to refinance on a home but they tell me that my

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** trying to refinance on a home but they tell me that my Ex husband needs to sign papers to make sure he is not part of the deal...I cannot locate my husband and have.been separated for about 10years now with no communication
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How can I get a divorce without knowing his location a fast and speedy one..I have maybe 3weeks for this refinance
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking the process to obtain a divorce if your spouse is not cooperating with you?