Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I'm trying to refinance on a home but they tell me that my…

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** trying to refinance on a home but they tell me that my Ex husband needs to sign papers to make sure he is not part of the deal...I cannot locate my husband and have.been separated for about 10years now with no communication

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How can I get a divorce without knowing his location a fast and speedy one..I have maybe 3weeks for this refinance

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/12/2017
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking the process to obtain a divorce if your spouse is not cooperating with you?