How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19639
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to know what are the posdibilities of me signing off

Customer Question

i want to know what are the posdibilities of me signing off my parental rights over my daughter to her father? She was coached by him to lie with a mediator and he got almost full custody of her, she is now defiant with me and refuses to do what i say because she knows she can always run to him, can i do that?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No because i just started thinking about it after she refused going to school because i was at work and she had to walk
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you very much
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to read that your relationship with your daughter is strained.

Unfortunately, you do not meet the requirements for voluntary relinquishment of parental rights. Generally, you must show you have not been in supervision of the child or paid child support, if applicable for a year or more; you are disabled and can no longer take care of the child; etc. See California Family Code Sections 7820 to 7827. Also click on his link for more information.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.