Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question about child custody, I am in Ca, but my…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about child custody

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Ca, but my daughter, as of yesterday is in Wa State

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I am trying to , but no one seems to have any knowledge

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My husband and I are in the middle of a divorce, but have no agreement as far as child custody. He came yesterday nd took her from me, which I am aware that he is is able to do. I would like to do the same, but there are so many issues surrounding it, I don't know what to do about it.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/11/2017
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago
Michael Bradley

so you are in CA and he is in WA and no upcoming change in that arrangement?

no formal court order?

how old is the child?

As of right now, there is no formal court order regarding who she is supposed to be with. we don't even have a court date for our divorce. our daughter is 10 .
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago

how long have you been in CA and he in WA?

how long has the child been in WA?

I have been in Ca since the beginning of WA and she has been here since July. All three of us were born in Wa, but moved there in 2010. If I enroll her in a school and then fly up and get her, would I be breaking any laws?
Sorry, I have been in CA since the beginning of Aug
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago

with no court order in place, no you would not be breaking any laws

what were the circumstances in him taking her to WA

I am assuming you did not agree to it