Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Trying to find adult adoption forms for. My 18 yr old son…

Customer Question
Trying to find adult...

Trying to find adult adoption forms for Ky. My 18 yr old son just found me and is going into the military. I am about to have major surgery so if I need him the only way they can pull him out and he can come home to help me is if I legally adopt him

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No i have not, we cannot afford an attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How do we need to do the adoption for my other half? we are not married and My son wants him to be put as his father.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/11/2017
Family Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Legal Aid in your area can assist if you do not have the resources. I can Was he adopted by someone else? Where in Kentucky are you located?

He was adopted by his foster family. He is leaving for the military in 2 weeks so I do not have time for legal aide. I have to have it done and he wants his name changed back to his original by the time he leaves, at least having the paperwork started was enough for the recruiter. Louisville
I have filed legal paperwork in the past, have done my first divorce and filed my ex's for him as well

This link sets out the process. http://www.kyjustice.org/node/597

I can provide you with a packet of the documents. I can also provide legal aid services for your area to expedite this matter. One moment please.

th the packet is what I need as well as what to pay

One moment please.

This link provides the process and all of the forms. https://www.stepparentadoptionforms.com/kentucky-adoption/

You can contact the county clerk for the exact fees. The cost should be no more than $200.00. Let me provide that link as well.

Let me see if I can find a petition for your county.