Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have a child support order and have been divorced. My ex

Customer Question
husband threatens not to pay...
I have a child support order and have been divorced. My ex husband threatens not to pay it or pays late every month. How can I get the court to have him pay to a third party?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I went to the office of child support enforcement and they said that as long as he pays within the month that there is nothing to done.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I can not afford to hire a lawyer.It says in my divorce papers that child support is due on the first of the month.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know who can change the payee to Child Support services and not to me. This way he has to pay another party and cant threaten me.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/11/2017
Family Lawyer: Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Longhorn Lawyer

Did you not have the opportunity to choose that payment arrangement when you asked for child support?

Ely, Counselor at Law