How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118777
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 10 yr old daughter does not want to go to her fathers in

Customer Question

My 10 yr old daughter does not want to go to her fathers in queens every other wknd! Weve had problems in the past but we worked on them! Shes been going but reluctantly. This wknd when we met, she refused to go! He physically pulled her out of the car with her crying and sobbing and threw her into his v
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: New york state, car? The issue is he verbally and physicslly abused herjust to take her! She was hysterical and she got out of the other door of his car and back into mine! He was violent punching his car and curding and screaming at my older daughter and me. The ? Is how do I get probono representation for my little girl and myself in family court! I dont know how to go about it! I have child support and visitation already with Riverhead Family Court in Suffolk County! This is a serious problem, he can not trest my child thst way! Any information will be greatly appreciated
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: This happened Friday evening! I need information as to where I should go to get help and a court appointed lawyer for her!
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes! Im in the throws of getting a divorce with a modified means attorney! I am not employed, I am disabled! We live
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Did you report this conduct to the police when it happened? You should have and should do so in the future.

As far as a pro bono attorney, if there is domestic violence involved, which is what you described, then generally your local legal aid office will represent you. If legal aid will not represent you, then your local bar association generally has pro bono attorneys available to assist in representation. Finally, if the bar and legal aid cannot help, you need to contact the local battered woman's center for assistance, since this was family violence involved here.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.