Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need hel I need help in writing a letter about my son's…

Customer Question
I need hel I...

I need hel I need help in writing a letter about my son's stepdad he is mentally abusing my son and i dont want him involved in his life.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No because i cant afford one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes to plead to the court that i dont want the stepdad to reach out to me about my son...The only contact should come from his mom

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
He is mentally abusing my son and my son is afraid of him. I have repeatedly asked her lawyer to tell him not to contact me but he is persist
9/10/2017
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 8 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, welcome to the site. I’m here to help you today. I am a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I’d like to review your question and perhaps do some research for a few minutes, type your answer and then I’ll be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

You can ask for a change in physical custody so your son would not be living with his mother and step-father, and ask for a no-contact order for the step-father. You can include in your motion a request for an order that the step-father not contact you at all.

If you want to send me your city and county in NJ, I can look to see if there are custody motion forms available on line.

Sue

Sue
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney