How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118729
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-husband haven't pay me for his military pension

Customer Question

My ex-husband haven't pay me for his military pension because of us being married for 5years during his military life I can't file it through Defas but we have a divorce agreement that he needs to pay percentage. It's been over 2years since we been to court because of this and judgment was for him to pay. Not I can't locate him and my lawyer have served him before he disappeared in June. What are my options if we can't locate him, he still works for Department of Defense but some reason I can't locate him through global search for Department of Defense. And he still has a property in Texas. Where we had hearing date. Even his lawyer can't locate him so withdrawn from the case.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas San Antonio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. We had hearing date but we can't locate him
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He still have a property in San Antonio TX and this where he lived until june
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

If you have a judgment against him for payment, then you can file a motion in court for a lien on his property and seek to seize his property in Texas to sell it to satisfy your judgment. As long as he owns property there, the court can allow you to seize that property and sell it for your judgment, since he is not living in the property as his primary residence (if he were you would be able to find him there to serve him there).

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.