Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I'm a dependent spouse and i have 4 children. i homeschool

Customer Question

hi i'm Megan and i'm a dependent spouse and i have 4 young children. i homeschool them. my spouse has not allowed me to get a job or even to go to college. he will not put my name on the title of the car we picked out together and bought. i want a divorce because of his controlling ways. he keeps the main of our money in his business account and only puts some in our "shared" account so i can not get a second vehicle or move out.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: virginia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking the process to obtain a divorce in VA?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i want to know how i can divorce and move out if he won't move out and the title is in his name for the vehicle so i am stuck here

Is he in agreement with you on the terms of the divorce (who gets what)?