Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Our daughter at Pitt landed the landlord from. her lease…

Customer Question
our daughter at Pitt landed...
our daughter at Pitt landed the landlord from hell. her lease started in may and along with 2 others, it has been a nightmare. one of the roommates has sex with her boyfriend in the common area and has had access to the house whenever he wants...my husband talked face to face to the landlord and when she did nothing, we (and another set of parents) pulled our daughters out of the house, deeming it unsafe (there is also a text from the remaining roommate where she threatened the girl who moved back to campus with my daughter. the woman has played each person against the other and the bot***** *****ne is that she is a bully and only wants her rent. we just want to be done with this and not owe any $ especially since we now have to pay housing at pitt...the roommate who is staying also had her boyfriend living there and the landlord charged him 900 (the lease states the she/landlord can do that) but the other 2 asked repeatedly for him to leave and we feel as though that violated the lease when he did not leave...we have no idea if he is there or not now since we just wanted our daughters out of an unsafe environment. what leg do we have to stand on?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/10/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. Just to be clear, the boyfriends have moved in and/or stay there and this is allowed under the lease?

Ely, Counselor at Law