Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Let me explain you what the situation is, I have ask for

Let me explain you what...
Let me explain you what the situation is , I have ask for food stamps since my daughters were babies the oldest one is 10 years old now , 3 years ago they moved to The Valley for a better environment with their father , but still coming on the weekends with me , and still buying food and cooking for their benefits because I need it the help , low income .i honestly didn't know that not reporting that they were staying with their father and me on the weekends only would get me in trouble . Now they are charging me with two counts , 1 10980 (c)(2) and 2 118(A) . Never had any problem like this my record is completely clean . I never intend to do any fraud , as soon as I got a letter saying you owe 4,000 i made paying plans and that's what I have been doing making payments , so now I don't understand why they still prosecuting me . What can I do ? I need to know the good part of this and the bad part , by the way I have a 3 year old boy that's has a sensory metal disorder , and a 4 month old baby with my current domestic partner . I have a court date for September 14 wasn't prepare for this , and my 4 month old baby is only breastfeeding I am even thinking to taking him with me , because he does not take bottles .
9/10/2017
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Do you have an attorney at this time?

I don't have an attorney yet

Thank you for the reply. When you appear in court, you can ask to be appointed the public defender. They can be assigned to your case and start looking at what happened and see if you have any defenses to raise. If not, they can work out a plea deal. If you are paying his back and it was a mistake, those are mitigating factors for the court to consider. This is not something that should result in jail time but the State may want probation, depending on the facts.

What probation means what would be the worst case scenario here ? My two babies depend on me specially my 3 year old son , and my 4 month old baby who is exclusively breastfeedinf it's hard for me as a mother to think about something major , i have never committed any crime, and yes as humans we don't read what we signed for . I am desperate for answers

While this is punishable with jail, probation is a more likely sentence. Probation is when you are supervised by the county/state and can not pick up any new charges or get in trouble. The money would have to be paid back as well. Since you are a first time offender and there are mitigating factors, the court should consider this.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello attorney just want to let you know I went for an arraignment , so they are accusing me of children out of the home , and perjury for filling out the application . I already paid 3,700 that’s how much I owed , but still concerning how could this be negotiated it to not have impact in my criminal history never had any problems with the law , I have another court coming up on October 11 so I am assuming that day I will be questioned about this .

Good morning and great to hear back from you. I am happy to answer any follow up questions which you may have but kindly just ask that you rate my help at the top at this time, so the site will provide me with the properly credit, for my help. Thank you for understanding.

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer