Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I would love help; thank you. The judge in my superior court

Customer Question
family law case has ordered...
I would love help; thank you. The judge in my superior court family law case has ordered several things that I believe violate my civil rights and/or privacy rights. He ordered me to give my ex-husband my phone and text records within 24 hours, but we are well past trial and there is no discovery. He ordered me to attend a deposition with my exes attorney, but, again, we're well past discovery (divorce was final in October). Also, he ordered me to provide my ex with any and all of my medical records related to an urgent care incident I had the day I was supposed to show up for the deposition.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington state, King County
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/10/2017
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Michael Bradley
There must be a basis for these requests. Why did they ask the judge for these items?
Our daughter ran away from my ex husband's house. I was out of town at the time, but my ex has been targeting me aggressively ever since.

if this happened on his watch why are you being attacked?

Precisely my question. It's very frustrating.

it is hard to defend yourself when the other side has money and an attorney

I can see the urgent care since you used that as a reason to miss the deposition

but the fact you were there not why

It could be his position that you had daughter leave or encouraged it and that is why they want phone records

I do not know I am only guessing

this is the bad part about loose discovery rules

does not seem to be tied to the divorce but new developments.

It's one thing to ask for proof that I went to urgent care and was treated, but the judge ordered that I provide my ex with "Any and all records pertaining to that visit." That's a huge violation of my privacy.

I would show proof of the visit but not much more

they are trying to see if you went for a serious reason or just to avoid the deposition

can I assist you further?

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer