How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42871
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the custiodal parent of my 6 year old daughter my

Customer Question

I am the custiodal parent of my 6 year old daughter my divorce made one year.And the last couple of months I have been getting harrassing and insulting emails for my ex husband and his new wife.Last year it was protective order in place for terriortisc theat my ex husband said to me so I normally have to meet his dad so he can still get his vistations.I tried to take mature approch this summer about setting up mediation regarding our child and parenting plan.In our divorce decree it does not say any clause and when he send me emails it be his name and her name attached.That says I authorize her to be involved but in decree its suppose to me and him co parenting and this is not working.What should I do?I am really tired of being harass and being insulting .When my daughter goes for vistation to his home he tells her she can't talk to me but when she with me and tries or her to demand me to let them speak to her then insulting emails and harass start to involved .
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Houston,texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I call today and speak to one of secretary that was suppose to past the information to him but no reponse.But for right now what should I do.I have all ready file a police report and all they told me that I can block the number or ignore it and the last resort to change my phone number.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want answers to what I shall do a this point I did read my divorce decree.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 month ago.

You can file a motion for contempt and show cause order here if he violates the visitation orders or protective orders.He can be jailed and fined here.Thats your remedy make sure you abide by current orders.If you need them modified thats a motion to modify to change them to deal with these problems.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 month ago.

Contempt with forms

I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What about harassing and insulting text or emails for him and his new wife?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When my daughter is in my custiodal and they tried to interfere by sending and calling multiply this matter on between me and the ex husband or she on this divorce decree which she not.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you done answering my questions
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 month ago.

What about harassing and insulting text or emails for him and his new wife? Call the police if he is violating protective orders here.

Motion for contempt if he violates visitation orders, he is late or cancels or doesn't return on time.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for letting me clarify these for you, let me know if you have more.

Thanks for rating 5 stars when we are done here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No his dad does all the picking up and bring the daughter back on time.But communication has verbally and abuse now he allowing his new wife and his self to bullying me.should I continue to keep beening harass or call the police when my daughter is with me I am custiodal him not trying handling this co.parenting in better way and letting some one else be involved is right to contempt of court.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 month ago.

Call the police here and he can be charged with violating protective orders.You don't have to put up with any calls from the new wife here , legally she is not a parent.And you can file motion for contempt here if he violates the parenting plan or visitation.Sorry you have to deal with this.I am sure it is beyond frustrating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will ..will do..thank you
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 month ago.

You are so welcome thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.