Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Second opinion] my fiancé has 2 kids 10 and 14 with his

Customer Question
Second opinion] hello, my...

Second opinion] hello, my fiancé has 2 kids 10 and 14 with his previous wife and she prohibited me from being around them in the custody plan. He signed it thinking she would get over it and lift it but she hasn't yet and it's been a year. We are currently 8 and a half months pregnant and will be getting married next week. Once we are married can we file to lift this ban??

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Tn

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, we are seeing if it's worth it to take to court we don't want to drag the kids through it but I want my baby girl around me and her sibliings

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

His ex is really spiteful

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/10/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 11 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Congratulations on the pending birth of your child and your nuptial!

I am sorry to read that your fiance's ex has not allowed you to be part of the kids' lives.

Yes, if she continues to be uncooperative, then your husband should file for Modification of the Plan to try to lift the restrictions against you. There is no guarantee however that the Court would rule in his favor. He can obtain modification forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Best wishes,