How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister just passed away and in her will she says I should

Customer Question

My sister just passed away and in her will she says I should take her 7 year old son do I need a guardianship certificate from the family court. The childs father is unknown
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: MA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Well apparently the social worker had a lawyer set up for my sister while she was alive she died of canvcer on Sunday and was buried yesterday Friday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thant the lawyer here went to the family court with the case and we were granted temporary guardianship till December but the child can not be taken out of Massachusetts. I live In Arizona and the court date is October right now the child dose not have a family to live with in MA the plan was to pick him up after the burial
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry for your loss.

I want to make sure I understand...have you filed a request with the probate court in MA to be appointed guardian?