How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son's biological father has recently tried to attempt to

Customer Question

My son's biological father has recently tried to attempt to contact him after 15 years of neglect. He has boasted about his business and how he only claims a third of what he makes.. Ed Slanec Construction in Fraser MI. He tried at first to get contact but of course it went on for only a short time as we are used to. He said he would help us financially but has failed because his life does not make him available to our son who is now heartbroken again. Can I go to court for past child support and future?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No this is my first attempt
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He boasts about how he has hidden his extensive income from the IRS
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. How old is the child at this time? Did you ever make an attempt prior to this, to get child support?