How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19653
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter was put in rehab and gave me Provisional Custody

Customer Question

My daughter was put in rehab and gave me Provisional Custody by Mandate; well her Dad (my ex husband) is going pick her up from Rehab. Her children were in a bad environment and I need to know how I can get Temporary Custody where they cannot and come and get the childen. Both my daughter and ex husband are on drugs.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No....this just happened a few minutes ago....the children are with me now.....
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The children do not want to leave; they are very damaged children and need counseling and stability and structure. They came from a bad environment.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Could you explain a little more?

Where is the children's father?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The chilxtens father is a druv addict and homeless!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The childrens father is a drug addict and homeless
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the information.

You need to go to your local Probate Courthouse and file for Guardianship of the Children. You would obtain the Guardianship forms at the Clerk's Office.

Goodluck with your case,