Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter was put in rehab and gave me Provisional Custody…

Customer Question
My daughter was put...

My daughter was put in rehab and gave me Provisional Custody by Mandate; well her Dad (my ex husband) is going pick her up from Rehab. Her children were in a bad environment and I need to know how I can get Temporary Custody where they cannot and come and get the childen. Both my daughter and ex husband are on drugs.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No....this just happened a few minutes ago....the children are with me now.....

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The children do not want to leave; they are very damaged children and need counseling and stability and structure. They came from a bad environment.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/9/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 11 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Could you explain a little more?

Where is the children's father?

Thank you for your cooperation.

The chilxtens father is a druv addict and homeless!
The childrens father is a drug addict and homeless

Thank you for the information.

You need to go to your local Probate Courthouse and file for Guardianship of the Children. You would obtain the Guardianship forms at the Clerk's Office.

Goodluck with your case,