Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My father in law's wife of 27 years just took her life with

Customer Question

My father in law's wife of 27 years just took her life with no will in place. She has a sister. She owned a majority share of their house. They had a prenup dating to their marriage date of separate property. They live in Wisconsin. What happens to the house?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Wisconsin
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please cancel the question. thank you.

No problem. Thank you.