Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Ely, After a couple Hearings my divorce procedure in Arizona

Customer Question

Ely, After a couple Hearings my divorce procedure in Arizona went nowhere.
1) I left the USA to France
2) My wife attorney recused herself after my wife ran out of money to pay her
3) My wife left the country and is now in Serbia
4) The divorce proceeding seems to be stalled, in limbo
I want to finish this divorce, what can I do beside starting a new proceeding in France using an Apostille as the way to get this divorce without the wife cooperation?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 1 month ago.

how long has you been in France?

how long has she been in Serbia?

Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I hate to say it, but someone in your situation would have to either go back to Arizona to finish the divorce yourself, or at the very least hire an attorney to continue the divorce for you. The divorce can still continue even though both of you left the jurisdiction, provided that at least one of you originally qualified for the jurisdiction to file the divorce in Arizona.

When you are finishing the divorce in AZ, you'd want to send notice of the continuous paperwork filed with the court to your wife in Serbia. Assuming you know the address, this can be done. If you do not know the address, this can get very complicated so you'd want to use an attorney.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.