Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Family law Arizona. Divorce. AZ, sure, Sure. I left the

Customer Question

Family law Arizona. Divorce.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: AZ
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: sure
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sure. I left the country then my wife attorney recused herself then my wife left the country . Now I still want this divorce. How can I get it and of course without comiting to anything.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Did someone already file this? Your wife? If so, what is the status of that filing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Philip, I initiated divorce, wife decided to go after me with attorney, I left the country, she ran out of money and left the country as well. I have no news and I thing this case is stalled. What can I do to get this divorce? I have heard about Getting the divorce from, France using the Apostelle international agreement but wife is nowhere to be found now.

So what is the status of your filing? That is, I understand you filed...and it sounds like wife responded to the filing. Was there a hearing set? Did anyone attend that hearing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if you know what this is all about a call is OK while I am not sure you have the expertise to crack this tough nut.

Well...I understand that you started a divorce and then left the country. I do not know the status of the filing (if your case is still open or not)

That is one of the factors...and getting the wife to work with you on this is a separate factor. I sent the offer for a phone call at a nominal cost

Or, rather, nominal additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There were many motions and earings but no divorce and all is quiet now. Wife lawyer called it quit when money went south.What I need to know i_s is there a form I can file to get the judge to prononce a divorce in absentea I am not there she is not there.She started all these procedures then now it is stalled, Can the case go cold and never be judged?
I have to move to another room/computer for a call.I just want this judge to give me my divorce, simple enough right?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wife will not cooperate as far as I am concerned she is non existent

Simple? No...far from it. Are you able to speak on the phone? If not, I will opt out and allow someone else to work with you on this