How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Family law Arizona. Divorce. AZ, sure, Sure. I left the

Customer Question

Family law Arizona. Divorce.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: AZ
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: sure
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sure. I left the country then my wife attorney recused herself then my wife left the country . Now I still want this divorce. How can I get it and of course without comiting to anything.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Did someone already file this? Your wife? If so, what is the status of that filing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Philip, I initiated divorce, wife decided to go after me with attorney, I left the country, she ran out of money and left the country as well. I have no news and I thing this case is stalled. What can I do to get this divorce? I have heard about Getting the divorce from, France using the Apostelle international agreement but wife is nowhere to be found now.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

So what is the status of your filing? That is, I understand you filed...and it sounds like wife responded to the filing. Was there a hearing set? Did anyone attend that hearing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if you know what this is all about a call is OK while I am not sure you have the expertise to crack this tough nut.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Well...I understand that you started a divorce and then left the country. I do not know the status of the filing (if your case is still open or not)

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

That is one of the factors...and getting the wife to work with you on this is a separate factor. I sent the offer for a phone call at a nominal cost

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Or, rather, nominal additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There were many motions and earings but no divorce and all is quiet now. Wife lawyer called it quit when money went south.What I need to know i_s is there a form I can file to get the judge to prononce a divorce in absentea I am not there she is not there.She started all these procedures then now it is stalled, Can the case go cold and never be judged?
I have to move to another room/computer for a call.I just want this judge to give me my divorce, simple enough right?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wife will not cooperate as far as I am concerned she is non existent
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Simple? No...far from it. Are you able to speak on the phone? If not, I will opt out and allow someone else to work with you on this