Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

What is the name of the health directive??? to be

Customer Question

what is the name of the health directive??? to be responsible for arranging care for an incapacitated person in the state of Washington (not Washington D.C.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO NOT THAT I KNOW OF
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: MY SON IS CARING FOR HIS AILING FATHER IN SERIOUS CONDITION HOSPITAL IN WASHINGTON STATE. GAVE SON DOC FOR POA BUT NOT HEALTH DIRECTIVE ALLOWING MY SON TO TAKE OVER FOR HIM. MEED THAT DOCUMENT. DAD RESIDENT O WASHINGTON STATE MY SON RESIDES IN CALIFORNIA IS IN WA. NOW W CONSCIOUS WILLING DAD. NED THAT DOC
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: STATE OF WASHINGTON. LIVING TRUST EXECUTED POA NOT SIGNED YET IN PROCESS. I DON'T THINK ANYTHING IS FILED.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
Normally this is done via a power of attorney, living will and healthcare proxy. If one cannot grant the powers would apply to the court for guardianship. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"