Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I want to find a lawyer whose field in marriage and divorce.

I want to find...

I want to find a lawyer whose field in marriage and divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, so that's why I want to find a good experienced lawyer to solve my problems and questions

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I got marriage license in the States four years ago, nowadays my husband has a undelivered baby with the other woman.

9/8/2017
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

You said that you got a marriage license in the States, but did you ever get married? Are you still living in the US? What else can you tell me about your situation?

I got married since I came here 2013. Currently I live in LA, I had a permanent residential card in the States. I am separated with my husband from Jan. 22th of this year until now. But we keep the marriage status. He is also an immigration from China and became a citizenship about 15 years ago. He lied me he works in China now, but yesterday I saw him with a woman has an undelivered baby in the store. When I ask them, they admit they have relationship like boyfriend and girlfriend. Of course it is my doubt that they had already got the marriage license in China. How can I prove it with the evidence?

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Chinese laws and procedures. I don't have any way of knowing how you would get a copy of a Chinese marriage license. I'm going to opt out and let you talk to another expert. Good luck.

Ok, you, too
socrateaser, Lawyer

NOTICE: If you are presented with an offer for a phone consultation, which may appear to have been sent by me, please know that this is an automated website offer, and that I do not participate in this Justanswer program. If you would like to correspond with me directly, whether by phone, email or otherwise, then do not accept the phone call offer, because your request will be accepted by a random contributor, who may or may not be licensed to practice law in California – and, I will be unable to provide further assistance. Instead, simply type to me that you would like my direct contact info, and I will send you a specific offer for that purpose.

I am a member of the State Bar of California, the Bar of the U.S. District and Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California (San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside Counties), the Bar of the U.S. Tax Court, the California and National Associations of Realtors, and I have comprehensive information about all areas of California law.

I believe that the previous contributor may have misunderstood the issues. If you and your spouse reside in California, then California -- not China law, controls.

The easiest way to prove that your spouse and this woman are in an intimate relationship is to take a picture of them while they are together, and then ask your spouse in what is known as an "interrogatory request" to identify the person, and their contact information. Then, you would subpoena that person to appear at a deposition or hearing and ask for additional details about the relationship. You would do the same with your spouse. More than likely, the collective information would provide the court with sufficient evidence to infer that there is an intimate relationship between your spouse and this other woman. Or, the other woman may simply admit to the relationship.

If you need more personal attention than can be provided in this public forum, I can arrange to send you an offer of direct correspondence, and we can take the discussion offline into a confidential setting. Please let me know if you're interested.

If not, then I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Ok, got it. What you said I totally agreed. Can I ask the police to involve in this affair? So I can get the first hand evidence. Besides if I get their marriage certificate from China, is it a useful evidence that I can show the judge in the court here and prove he broke the law?
Please give me your direct contact information
If it is possible, we can make an appointment in person today.

You asked: Can I ask the police to involve in this affair?

A: No. California law does not criminalize extra-marital affairs. This was abolished in the year 1939. See Cal. Civil Code Section 43.5.

So I can get the first hand evidence. Besides if I get their marriage certificate from China, is it a useful evidence that I can show the judge in the court here and prove he broke the law?

A: Based upon what you've described, so far, there is no violation of law. However, proof of your marriage from the China government will be important if you file a petition to dissolve your marriage.

I will send an offer of direct correspondence.

Thanks for using Justanswer!

Offer sent. Thanks for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer

Please follow the instructions in the offer response. Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Can you accompany me to my husband's home trying to find some evidence? At least from his parents' talking. Because I am not very sure if he is there or not. I have only one photo that I took yesterday. But it is says nothing, although I saw them in very close relationship.

Please contct me at the email address provided in the offer response. Also, please stop ALL further correspondence with me via the justanswer.com website, or you may (probably will) lose your right to assert the attorney-client privilege in our ongoing communications.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!