How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27742
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had cps called because when I tried getting my mom help I

Customer Question

I had cps called because when I tried getting my mom help I had to tell the doctors her and I got into a physical fight and my son was sleeping. The hospital called and said a whole different story. Now the guy wants a hair follicle and urine drugs test for no reason. What can I do
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio. He said he wants the test because of an old investigation I had when my son was born which was a year and a half ago perusing opitaes which we moved to Seattle at that time I went to group etc and the investigation was dropped in a year. He also claims Seattle said I didn't complete everything I was suppose to and that's why he wants the hair test.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Plan on it in the morning but I didn't do anything wrong but smoke some weed for pain relief when my son is aleep because I won't take opitates
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The guy will be coming again prob within a few days because I had to get a rape kit done and the hospital had to call but not on me but the assault on me and to make sure my son wasn't assault or harmed which he wasn't thank god. I'm scared because I haven't done anything but been a hardworking mom
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I really need answers as soon as possible
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.


I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

CPS gets a complaint about someone with a previous substance abuse history, it must investigate the matter and will always seek to have that person drug tested.

You do not have to agree to take a drug test just because CPS wants it. On the other hand, CPS will complete their investigation by hook or by crook, even if that means going into court and getting a judge to order you to test. The good news about that, relatively speaking, is that if it goes into court, you can get yourself a lawyer, which it looks like you're going to do anyway and fight that.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.