Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

After a 30yr marriage, alimony court ordered, my xspouse was…

After a 30yr marriage, alimony...
After a 30yr marriage, alimony court ordered, my xspouse was offered and accepted a lump sum early retirement in July 2017, 5 months before age 65 from J.C. Penney. I have not received a payment since August. I am on Medicare due to a lung disease and also received disability. I will be devastated. He is now behind $380.00. I do not know what to do as I live in Ca but will go or do what is needed. Do the payments still come from the state of Fl? .....where do I turn....
Can he stop them....he refuses to talk to me and always have.
Thank you in advance.
Judy l mcclure vs David a mcclure
Case # *****
PINELLAS CO COURTS CLEARTER FL
1-727-464300. opt1. Opt2
9/8/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You can file contempt action against him. You can do this by mail and then request for a telephonic hearing. You need to contact the Clerk's office as to the procedure for the telephonic hearing. Click here for contempt forms and instructions.

Best wishes,

I feel that a telaphonic hearing will not be sufficient..
He took me through two telephonic hearings it get my alimony down....$100 each time and I could not speak my nor his truths. I only get $590.13 x two each month. I have been a nurse all those years between 'many' of his jobs. He refuses to step up to the right thing to do. I can not afford any more continued help. No one will help me in Ca which I understand. He also has a second income in his home at this time unbeknownst to the courts. I choose not to. I have to find someone that can help me. Thank you....again. Judy Mcclure(###) ###-####

Then you would need to physically go to Florida to litigate the case.

As for Attorneys if you need one, you would need an Attorney in Florida and not in California because the case is in Florida and not in California.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Thank you.....you are very special!

You are quite Welcome!

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

You are more than a FIVE STAR....I did rate you dear friend

You are quite Welcome!

All the best,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
I wish too have someone like you.....the attorney I did have really devastated me, financially.
I will HAVE TO GO TO FL.....to fight for my 'rights'. Thirty years took most of my life. I wish I had found you sooner! Have a great weekend!
Oh.....I must say....your service is very very reasonable for those have to go it alone!

I am sorry to read that your Attorney was not helpful.

You are going to be okay advocating for yourself.

Have wonderful day!

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law