How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1612
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible to restrain a boyfriend of my ex-wife from my

Customer Question

Is it possible to restrain a boyfriend of my ex-wife from my kids? He is convicted of child abuse and domestic abuse with 2 of his exwives? Also he can't see his own kids till 2021
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

You can't get a restraining order to prevent the new boyfriend from seeing your kids. However, what you can do is seek a modification of your custody order in such a way that either restricts the boyfriend's presence while your children are with your ex-wife, or perhaps seeking to revoke custody from her because it is in the best interests of your children not to be in the presence of this new boyfriend given his history with violence and child abuse.

A court will most likely be extremely receptive to such an argument because of these past convictions.