JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

My husband has been supporting a child for almost eight

Customer Question

My husband has been supporting a child for almost eight years.no dna test did.took the mom's word that she was his child. we did dna on the child and it said 0
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 month ago.

Please allow me some time to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 month ago.

Did the court enter an order establishing paternity eight years ago? If so, was it an agreed order or was it after a contested hearing?

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 month ago.

Also, how old is the child?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never went to court
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 month ago.

An order was never entered by any court?

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry, as I said above, I don't participate in the telephone program. However, the request will go into the queue and another expert can pick up and call. In the meantime we can continue here or you can wait for the call, whichever you prefer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
continue here
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 month ago.

My last question was asking whether a court had ever entered an order, whether your husband was required to be there or not?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 month ago.

All right, all of those questions I asked make a difference in what can be done. What specific question can I assist with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cancel this I will speak to a lawyer in my city.