Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband has been supporting a child for almost eight

Customer Question
My husband has been...

My husband has been supporting a child for almost eight years.no dna test did.took the mom's word that she was his child. we did dna on the child and it said 0

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/7/2017
Family Lawyer: JD 1992, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me some time to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Did the court enter an order establishing paternity eight years ago? If so, was it an agreed order or was it after a contested hearing?

Also, how old is the child?

Never went to court

An order was never entered by any court?

I'm sorry, as I said above, I don't participate in the telephone program. However, the request will go into the queue and another expert can pick up and call. In the meantime we can continue here or you can wait for the call, whichever you prefer.

continue here

My last question was asking whether a court had ever entered an order, whether your husband was required to be there or not?

no

All right, all of those questions I asked make a difference in what can be done. What specific question can I assist with?

Cancel this I will speak to a lawyer in my city.
JD 1992
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer