Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have full custody of my child who is 2 years old and i was…

Customer Question
I have full custody...

I have full custody of my child who is 2 years old and i was thinking of relocating to Mexico, but the father of my child started to get difficult and did not want to sign the consent letter i presented to him so now we cant go. is there another way?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If i stay here, do i have to give him my address? he also was ordered to have supervised visits which he never did. between him and I we agreed for him to see her at the park every Sunday but i decided not to do that anymore. can i ask the judge to relinquish his father rights? he doesnt work or pay child support. but i am also unemployed and not sure where i will live or work or how i will pay for childcare so im kinda in a bad situation too. can they take my child away?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/7/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear you are having custody issues.

If a parent refuses to give moving consent, the party desiring to move may petition the court for permission.

Please see:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/18234.htm

Basically the courts will look to see if the move is in the child's best interest and will consider:

1. whether the move affects the noncustodial parent's visitation rights?

a. if so, has the visitation parent exercised visitation rights in the past?

b. if so, are there other ways to minimize the move's impact on the parent child relationship?

2. is the move made for the wrong reasons?

a. is it designed to negatively affect the other parent's relationship with the child?

b. does the move have a legitimate goal (education, work, family)?

c. does the move present better opportunities for the child?

After weighing those factors the court will decide if the move is in the child's best interest and rule accordingly.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: