How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1626
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We just need to know what form to file in Collin County

Customer Question

We just need to know what form to file in Collin County (Texas) when my husband gets his daughter every other weekend the mother sets rules saying he has to take her to his parents for the weekend and the daughter is not allowed to be around me or my kids. We know he does not have to gollow that because the papers do not state that; however the 11 year old is scared to come to our home because she doesnt want her mother to find out. Is there a form we can fill out for this?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No......we dont have retainer money to do so.....figured it was something we could file on our own?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ma'am
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 month ago.
Good afternoon
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not see an answer to my question?
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 month ago.
To enforce a visitation order he would have to file a Motion for Contempt of CourtYour ex-spouse can even be held in contempt of court for failing to comply with the court’s order, and contempt can involve jail time, but it is rare.To help you draft your motion, you can go to the court that issued his visitation/custody order and ask for a motion form since each court has its own preferred format.The motion must include the important details about your case, including the portion of the custody order that she violated along with the date of each violation. Your motion may also include a request to change the order to enforce the right to allow you to be present. This is a common request.Here is a link to the forms you will need to enforce and modify his visitation order. don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.