Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex field a contempt motion again me post decree. I

Customer Question
My ex field a...

My ex field a contempt motion again me post decree. I submitted to her a list of production of documents in discovery giving her 28 days to respond. She has not sent me anything nor has she communicated with me about the responses.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I am ProSe and I have spoken to an attorney but none will help since I don't have the money to continue forking out

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I gave my ex another day extension email yesterday and court is on Monday Sept 11th

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You too can file a motion to compel and for contempt thereafter if not produced. The court clerk can assist and you can raise at next conference - all without counse. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"