How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i dispute an "order to show cause requesting

Customer Question

how can i dispute an "order to show cause requesting pendente lite relief"?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: ny
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the case is recorded in Queens County Supreme Court and has since been submitted.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question. Such a motion is opposed with an affidavit. It should identify why the motion is not warranted focusing on why there is no such need, hardship and any false statements made therein. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"