Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
99622407

I retained lawyer, I sighed retainer's agreement, but I

Customer Question

I retained lawyer, I sighed retainer's agreement, but I realized that I have not received copy of agreement.
What's that mean?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Hi Keiko. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Not receiving a copy of the agreement does not affect the enforceability or the terms of the agreement.

You can always request a copy from your attorney, they will be happy to oblige.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I know I sighed same agreement?
They can change agreement, but only attach last page that I signed.

That is possible. However, attorneys are bound by a much stricter code of ethics and responsibility than other professionals and businesses. For example, you can terminate an attorneys services at any time without an liability, except paying them for services that they have previously provided and properly documented.

The scenario you have described could and likely would lead to the attorney being losing their license to practice law.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How can I proof that agreement wa switched?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Which case loosing license?How do I know same agreement that I signed? I can not remember all details.

Again, you are worrying about something that is very unlikely. You will have to trust that the attorney did not switch out the agreement. If it really matters to you, you can ask the attorney to prepare a new retainer agreement which includes a clause stating the previous retainer agreement is void and sign this new agreement.

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.