Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can change attorney as many as I needed? Not my choice, but…

Customer Question
Can change attorney as many...
Can change attorney as many as I needed?
Not my choice, but unfortunately many attorneys are corrupted.
What case, court not allow to change attorneys?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/6/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

There is no problem changing lawyers, you are not looked at herein any way for doing so.It happens like a bad marriage so to speak.The court doesn't hold a lawyer change against you here at all.Part of the business happens a lot.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight and wish you the best.

If you can positive rate5 stars it is much appreciated.

Opt out my question.

No problem.

Family Lawyer: S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney replied 8 months ago
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney

Do you still want an answer to your question?

unfortunately I have changed 5 lawyers, not my choice. Lawyer fell to inform proposed settlement; double chared, abuse, not conpetent...many bad lawyers.How effect my case in trail?
- Opposition claims my changing attorneys costed 3.5 years of legal fees.
- They use wrong decision of Applet decision of Postnuptial Agreement ruled " i should not awarded any maintenance "
( Postnuptial Agreement did not said, anything regarding maintenance, but Appllett decision granted their claims " no maintenance "
- Opposition asking reimbursement of my temporary maintenance for $500,000.
- Attorney's fees $100,000.- I am claiming delay caused opposition made 5-6 times repeatedly motions to stop maintenance costed expensive legal fees.
- I was granted awarded pendente light until judgement of divorce, not paid from my share of equitable distribution.
- Opposition is money spouse who makes $1.7 m.
- I have not worked for over 30 years.Now, opposition became strong asking all reimbursement because wrong Appllett decision stated " it did not awarded any maintenance "1. What most likely happen at trail?
2. Do we have to follow wrong Appllett decision?
3. " not awarded any maintenance " means including pendente lite?
4. Even I was awarded granted pendente lite, do I have to reimburse $500,000 as opposition ask?
5. Husband makes 1.7m., I could not awarded legal fees?Appellate deposition was wrong, no where said, what appellate decision sated here.
1. With regard to which specific order?
2. You do.
3. I'd need to see the whole document.
4. Probably not but I'd need to read the whole document.
5. It's possible.
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney