Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have lived with a partner for 20 years who was a domestic…

Customer Question
I have lived with...

I have lived with a partner for 20 years who was a domestic partner where we had a rabbi marry us .. this has been dissolved ...

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I'm looking for palimony rights

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has put me in her will for $300,000 and now is removing me

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/5/2017
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 11 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify:

1) Did you have a formal domestic partnership filed/registered, or, what exactly?

2) What are you asking here, i.e. what do you wish to know?