Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have sole legal and physical custody.... visitations are…

Customer Question
I have sole legal...

I have sole legal and physical custody.... visitations are supposed to be agreed upon both parties. however, due to my childrens hostile behavior I told him to meet the children supervised at a park out of 9 visits he was a no show for eight then he was hostile all of it recorded. he has disturbing videos of rape and bondage with dolls and I fear for the safety of my children so I told him to get a mediator. now he is taking me to court and saying I have violated a court order and denying his rights

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I recently discovered that he has murdered someone was in prison and hid his past from me,

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/3/2017
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 5 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, welcome to the site. I’m here to help you today. I am a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I’d like to review your question and perhaps do some research for a few minutes, type your answer and then I’ll be right back.

Sue

ok
no i am a single mother and my children father is upset that i have filed for child support

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

You are in the clear. The children's father can take you to court, but that doesn't mean he'll prevail. Visitation as agreed upon by the parties means visitation cannot happen unless you agree.

When a father no shows 8 of 9 visit opportunities and expresses hostility, he is hurting his children, and showing irresponsible parenting skills.

As you know, his videos of rape and bondage with dolls is a clear risk signal that his deviance could be acted out against your children.

You have not violated a court order and you are not denying his rights.

You will have an opportunity to present your concerns to the court. You may want to ask the court to order professionally supervised visitation only, paid by the father.

Are you comfortable using your local court forms and any self-help facilities your jurisdiction offers?

Sue

Can I be of further assistance to you?

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. I hope I have provided you the information you were seeking. If you’re satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help or have any further questions, please let me knowso I can continue to assist you.

Sue

Sue
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney