Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Again. isn't there any sanction/consequence for a family law…

hey, again. isn't there any...
hey, again. isn't there any sanction/consequence for a family law opposing counsel who uses totally false/inflated child support worksheet numbers totally different than what I gave him? I am pro se. He threatens me with his atty fees if I don't agree with his numbers, yet I have no recourse against him. why is the family law system so corrupt? attorneys(and Judges) protecting attorneys
8/31/2017
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble.

Attorney's have an ethical obligation not to lie to the court. There's also a duty of fairness to opposing parties that prohibits a lawyer from entering falsified evidence. Rule 3.4. You can report him to the Colorado Supreme Court for violation of the Rules of Ethics.

http://www.coloradosupremecourt.com/Complaints/Resources.asp

You can object to the numbers he provided and present your own numbers to the judge. He's free to request attorney's fees, but if you have evidence showing your actual income and can prove to the judge he was trying to commit fraud on the court, there's a good chance you won't be required to pay.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer