Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am looking for a family lawyer in summerville sc someone…

I am looking for a...
I am looking for a family lawyer in summerville sc someone good but reasonable fees for divorce
8/30/2017
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney

We cannot recommend any individuals through this site. However, if you have a question about your case, an expert can help provide you information to answer your question. Do you have any questions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been married for almost 23 years and i need to know my rights and what i am entitled too??
Are you only concerned about financial issues? Or are there minor children as well? What assets and debts do you share? And what is each of your financial situations?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Our son is 16yo. We have a home 2 cars and assets. I dont work disabled. I believe he is hidding something from me. He deletes all comunications from his cell. He earns a pretty good income which i don't see a dime
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He obtained his citizenship through me. Everything is in his name
Child custody is based on many factors which are used to evaluate the best interests of the child. In the absences of an extraordinary circumstance (such as where a parent is abusing drugs or is too mentally ill to parent) preference is usually given to the child's primary caregiver. Do you know if he will fight for custody?
Assuming you are awarded custody, you would be entitled to child support. You may also qualify for alimony.With regard to property, South Carolina is what is called an "equitable distribution state." This means that any property or debts acquired during the marriage can be divided by a judge in any way the judge thinks is fair. The division does not have to be equal.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Credit card debt are small less than $3000. U do not think he will fight for custody..he is a highly tempered person and i have always cared for rhe best intetest of our son. I am soon to obtain some money from car accident which isn't very much compared to my injuries. Do i need to divide that with him? He makes the amount i am going to receive in a years income.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We got $73k which $13000 he got in cash for which i didnt get any monies. $60k went to our new home. He is planning on reginincing our home and get cash out. I will like to keep our home for me and my son.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To better explanation the $73K was free and clear. It came from the sale of our other home.
It is unlikely a judge would decide it was fair to give him the compensation for your injuries, unless the judge made the ex liable for your medical expenses. It is more likely to be divided if it is for lost wages, as opposed to compensation for injuries.
If your name is ***** ***** home, he won't be able to refinance without your signature. If you want to keep the home, it's probably best not to refinance. The $13,000 can only be divided if he still has that money at the time of separation. And any money you have that is mixed with other money in the same account (such as mixing your settlement money with his income) will cause the money to lose its separate nature and will be divided like all other assets.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what happens if all of the money is gone..we were supposed put some away cor college. Will he have to pay it back?
Any money that is spent during the marriage is simply "gone." It doesn't get divided. It's as though it never existed, no matter who spent it and how.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. Arr uou in near me in Summerville SC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you in Summerville SC?
I am not.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In SC al all?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do you handle cases beinh so far
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well time for me to sleep. GN
I don't practice in South Carolina, but I'm knowledgeable about the legal system.
Good night. If you have further questions I'd be happy to answer them next time I'm online. If you are done, I'd appreciate if you would rate my answer so I may get credit for my work. Thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to know if there an attorney that can represent me without the high cost? Very satisfied for service provided by S. Kincaid
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do i rate ypur services in the same section i ask the questions?

Yes, when you rate my service, I get credit for answering this question. I'm glad you are satisfied. Like I said, we can't recommend individual attorneys or even law firms. If you are very low income, you could apply to legal aid, but if you are not, I'm not aware of any sliding scale or low cost law offices.

S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney