Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Im in the process of divorce. Finally had child support

hearing and my ex was...
Im in the process of divorce. Finally had child support hearing and my ex was ordered to pay part of the mortgage in child support. Its been only a few months since it was ordered and i have been asking him to refinance for more than a year. Now since he has to pay for part of the mortgage he i suing me stating that Im not refinancing as I have promised. He is trying to modify child support to get rid of the mortgage amount. The refinance process was started and everything is in process but he wants me to put certain amount on escrow since he wants mortgage off the child support before we get divorced. We don 't agree on the amount even though Im approved for a credit line that will cover a lot more than I have to pay him out and Im ready to refinance. So will be the child support modified to get rid off him paying the mortgage part even though he will be still on the mortgage?
8/25/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Courts are real reluctant to reduce support.As long as you can show you are being reasonable and trying to resolve this I cannot see them reducing this part of support.He is free to try but I am not alt all sure you cannot contest this and prevail.Honestly it looks like sour grapes.I do not think he can prevail here since you are doing your part as fast as you can.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer