Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Child support, il, searching, contacted for child support.

child support Lawyer's Assistant:...

child support

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Il

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Searching

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Contacted for child support. Want paternity test

Want paternity test.
Me (father) in chicago. The child's mother is in Virginia
8/24/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

was just contacted by the administrative agent in Chicago for child support.
want to respond without delay and penalties, but want to request a DNA test to make sure I am the father first.
The Mother and the child is in Virginia, I will be residing in Chicago.
What should I do?

Thank you for the information.

Make a request for DNA test through the child support enforcement, or file Complaint for Establishment of Paternity with the local Courthouse in Virginia, where the child and mother reside. The paternity forms can be obtained from the Clerk's office by contacting the Clerk's office and requesting the forms or online (this form may be outdated). Contact the Court to make sure that this is the proper form.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law