RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I don't know that you can. My ex failed to send a response

I don't know that you can. My ex failed to send a response or get a lawyer for our first contempt hearing. The commissioner ordered her to apply for public defendant and read her the Knight Warning and issued a 2 week continuance. My ex again failed to respond in time. I am trying to figure out if she is going to get another continuance.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: WA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes My lawyer doesn't like to speculate.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I think the ex is near the end of her rope here, the judge is likely to take this up and hold her in contempt.
I would hope this will go to hearing and the ex is in deep trouble.The commissioner gave her a break and she hasn't done anything, not a good combination.This should move to hearing and she should be held in contempt under WA law.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.