Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Family Lawyer Here is the pleading my ex turned in. It

For Family Answer Family LawyerHere...
For Family Answer Family LawyerHere is the pleading my ex turned in. It regards ***** ***** affidavit turned in by my attorney and all subsequent answers to that pleading. I did not turn this pleading in. My attorney did. Assuming it was turned in as my ex says, how do I respond to it?
8/21/2017
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Great to hear back from you. Based upon what was stated in their objection, they are alleging that you are represented by legal counsel, yet the document which they are referencing, was filed by you, on your own and not by your attorney. It appears they are trying to argue that this is something which can not and should not be filed by you pro se, since you are represented by legal counsel and whatever was alleged and addressed, is not proper as well and the Judge should strike it At this time, if you are represented by counsel, they need to review this and address it. If you did file it, they can speak with you about having it withdrawn and they can file the proper and necessary response, as needed. It is a situation your attorney needs to respond to it, since they are representing you and you can not respond, since you are not acting pro se or else you will be doing exactly what they are objecting to.

I did not file it. My attorney did. I have tried to get a hold of him since Thursday and he has responded by saying he was in court but has refused to set up a time to go over this. It is due Thrusday. I am not sure what to do. There are five pleadings in total that may require response and two my ex is claiming were turned in pro se. What to do?

You can call and email your attorney today and advise that if they do not respond to you, you will be forced to contact the Bar and get them involved. Your attorney needs to communicate with you and keep you up to date, regarding the status of the case. Moreover, they do need to respond, if this is time sensitive. I would give them until the end of today and then you could contact the Bar and get them involved and ask them to reach out to this attorney. The attorney for the other party should also be reaching out to your attorney to try and resolve this, since they are making the claim you filed it pro se, when it was filed by your attorney

more over how much merit does my ex's arguement have? Does it give the judge the right to throw out the attachments on the pleadings under the global objection?
Sorry global affidavit

If they are improper, the Judge could strike them and throw them about but they could be amended and properly done and filed.

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
I posted another question for you
Thank you. Yes I responded on the other page
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer