How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42877
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a lady that was married for 20 years had 2 children and

This answer was rated:

I am a lady that was married for 20 years had 2 children and both are grown and on their own now. But we had a dissolution in 2003 in Ohio. Can i take my ex back to court and get permanent alimony ?

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You could try here.You would need to motion the court and claim a change of circumstances.You would serve copy on the ex and set it for hearing.See if the judge would award it to you based on the change of circumstances.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i am now disabled and unable to work . I get soc sec disability (SSDI) Im in a nursing home and could use some more money if I can get it from my ex.

Here are forms if you want to file yourself

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.Let me know if you have more.

RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My dissolution was final in 2003. But since then i have become disabled and cant work would i be able to take him back to court and get a monthly check and someone said i might be able to get half of his retirement. Is that correct for Ohio ?

You can motion for alimony here,If the pension was not part of divorce you may get a portion of that if it was earned while you were married.You have great facts here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Part of the time he worked in a factory and then was self employed as a preacher.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should i see or call the attorney that did the dissolution of marriage and see if he can get it for me ?

Yes thats a great idea here too.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I want to cancel the phone call request. I will just contact my attorney that did the dissolution for us. Thank you for your help. It was greatly appreciated.Rhoda *

No problem, thanks Rhoda.