Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am a lady that was married for 20 years had 2 children and…

I am a lady that...
I am a lady that was married for 20 years had 2 children and both are grown and on their own now. But we had a dissolution in 2003 in Ohio. Can i take my ex back to court and get permanent alimony ?
8/20/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You could try here.You would need to motion the court and claim a change of circumstances.You would serve copy on the ex and set it for hearing.See if the judge would award it to you based on the change of circumstances.

i am now disabled and unable to work . I get soc sec disability (SSDI) Im in a nursing home and could use some more money if I can get it from my ex.

Here are forms if you want to file yourself

http://www.wcplib.info/sites/default/files/Agreed%20Motion%20to%20Modify%20Prior%20order%20Fillable%20packet.pdf

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.Let me know if you have more.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
My dissolution was final in 2003. But since then i have become disabled and cant work would i be able to take him back to court and get a monthly check and someone said i might be able to get half of his retirement. Is that correct for Ohio ?
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started

You can motion for alimony here,If the pension was not part of divorce you may get a portion of that if it was earned while you were married.You have great facts here.

Part of the time he worked in a factory and then was self employed as a preacher.
Should i see or call the attorney that did the dissolution of marriage and see if he can get it for me ?

Yes thats a great idea here too.

I want to cancel the phone call request. I will just contact my attorney that did the dissolution for us. Thank you for your help. It was greatly appreciated.Rhoda *

No problem, thanks Rhoda.