Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am the petitioner...We failed counseling and judge at

Customer Question
I am the petitioner...We...

I am the petitioner...We failed counseling and judge at review hearing denied my request for dismissal of divorce...Trial in 30 days I still want to cancel my petition

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Az

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Nothing solid

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

In concilliliation court we signed agreement for spousal support and before that reached the judge I decided to cancel divorce so idk what's going to happen next if I can't Stop divorce what will happen during trial

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
8/19/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Once a petition for divorce is filed, the case will proceed if the respondent is served. If the parties wish to dismiss the case, it requires a stipulation signed by both parties requesting dismissal. Otherwise, the court has jurisdiction to continue the case.

More information on that is here:

http://azcourthelp.org/faq/covenant-marriage/349-dismiss-divorce

If the divorce goes forward, the court will divide property, consider alimony, and if children are involved, will make orders re: custody/visitation/support.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer