How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am married to a guy who cheated, is a legal resident of

Customer Question

good morning, I am married to a guy who cheated, is a legal resident of the US but left the country 2 years ago to live in Honduras. He is Honduran and left me with our three children. he doenst give me money for them and he doenst visit them. he only comes to the US 2 times a year for a week at a time.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: i want to know if i can divorce him while he is there, can i get sole guardianship of my kids and can i order child support while he is ther? florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i tried several times to divorce him with just talking with him and trying to convince him to sit and talk to a lawyer and he didn't want to do that.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear this; what state is this in regards ***** *****?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You have not responded, so since i have not received anything, please do not charge my card. also cancel this. i don't want your services anymore