How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102584
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Bitter ex had an affair moved out in Feb, didn't file

This answer was rated:

bitter ex had an affair moved out in Feb, didn't file divorce until july after I started dating someone, I was giving her $500 every two weeks and we were sharing the 3 kids 50/50 week on week off. I had 1 beer during a 2.5 hour dinner and she got an exparte order and got a temporary order for full custody and on only get every other weekend. now she is trying to establish child support and now is asking for alimony based on her temp custody. we have mediation next friday and the hearing Sept 11th.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ca la county
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes he is a top rated Beverly Hills lawyer and will not appear without $8000 retainer paid in full.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: there's plenty, we can start there

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What exactly do you wish to know, i.e. what is your question?

Ely and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Judge had no concern that she lied on her statement, i am already reduced to every other weekend visits after 8 months of every other weekend. I want custody returned to what it was. I feel like if i have no attorney i have no chance. She originally wanted 50/50 no support now she wants full custody child support and alimony.