Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I WAS OVER PAID ON DISABILITY. I HAVE BEEN PAYIMG BACK FOR

APPROX 7 YEARS HOW MUCH...
I WAS OVER PAID ON DISABILITY. I HAVE BEEN PAYIMG BACK FOR APPROX 7 YEARS HOW MUCH LONGER DO I HAVE TO PAY
8/16/2017
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

What was your original repayment agreement?

250.00 a month

How much did you initially owe? Did they state how long you were supposed to be paying?

13 thousand dollars
they mention that would like to be pay back in 5 years

Thank you.

At two hundred fifty dollars a month, you should have paid by thirteen thousand dollars in less than five years. Contact disability. See if you can talk to the person who you originally made the agreement with, but if not, ask who is handling your case. You should be paid up by now.

It could be a clerical error on their end, but unless they're charging you interest, it sounds like they owe you money by now.

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
thank you
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer