How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was wondering what forms i need to fill out when my 14

This answer was rated:

i was wondering what forms i need to fill out when my 14 year daughter refuses to return home to me and her father is allowing her to stay regardless of my courts orders which states i have custody
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I was looking for family law
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet, i'm trying to file now, it just happened California
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades. Please remember that the experts on site that assist you are not site employees and we are only paid for our service to you when you rate our service.

If your daughter is refusing to return home, and the other parent is facilitating this refusal, you need to seek help from the family law court to force the other parent to abide by the custody order in place. You will need to file an Order to Show Cause and seek a court order ordering him to comply with the prior court order. Here are the forms that you will need to file for this order:

Fill out the top two forms, using the third form if you need an additional page and file the forms with the court, serving your ex with copies.

Here is a link to the instructions for this form:



You may reply to me again if you have additional questions, and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,


LawTalk and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank for for your assistance. I did pull up the correct forms and I'm somewhat familiar with the court system since it took me 5 years to settle this case. Do I use the original court case number ***** the form or just reference? On FL-412 I complete section 6, right? Should I just provide details of the incident or just summarize? Also, during the summer he did not follow the customer order, should I file a separate order or can I file on the same form and use section 7 to keep both incidents a separate matter?