LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

Second opinion] MY 15 year old son has a baby with a 19 year

Second opinion] MY 15 year old son has a baby with a 19 year old girl.. what are his rights to the baby. he wants visitation with his baby on a regular basis

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Thanks for asking for me.

Your son, through you as his legal guardian, and you as the grandparent, may petition the court for custody/visitation of the child. At the present, and until you assist him in getting a court order of custody/visitation, he effectively has no rights. Only the court can grant an unmarried father custody rights of their child.

The court will grant him visitation rights though. All he must do is apply to the court for the custody order---again, through you as his Guardian ad Litem (because he is under 18).

You may reply to me again if you have additional questions, and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug