P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

Getting a divorce. Been apart 19 mths. need to just be done

getting a divorce. Been apart 19 mths. need to just be done not asking for anything from him just need it to be done. We do have a 16 year old son who is with me full time and live in we live in different states. How and what I do to File for as cheap as possible. Single mom on tight budget.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i'm in Iowa. He's in MN.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Cheap? That depends...is he in agreement with the terms (who gets what from the marriage, assets/debts/time with the child)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we have nothing to separate and in the last 19 mths he's seen our son 5x paid me nothing in support. As for dept not much of that either.