How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34989
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Getting a divorce. Been apart 19 mths. need to just be done

This answer was rated:

getting a divorce. Been apart 19 mths. need to just be done not asking for anything from him just need it to be done. We do have a 16 year old son who is with me full time and live in we live in different states. How and what I do to File for as cheap as possible. Single mom on tight budget.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i'm in Iowa. He's in MN.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Cheap? That he in agreement with the terms (who gets what from the marriage, assets/debts/time with the child)?

P. Simmons and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we have nothing to separate and in the last 19 mths he's seen our son 5x paid me nothing in support. As for dept not much of that either.